ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE APPLIED DURING THE CORONAVIRUS COVID 19 PANDEMIC
The additional terms and conditions should be applied for the duration of your booking in conjunction with or superseding the standard terms and conditions where applicable.
- Do not travel if during the previous 14 days you, or a member of your household/party have had symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 (dry persistent cough, fever, loss of sense of smell or taste).
- Do not travel if you have been advised to isolate by the governments Track and Trace system.
- Do not travel if you are shielding or categorised as vulnerable as advised by the NHS.
- You will be required to provide the name and contact details of all members of your party to assist the authorities should ‘Test and Trace’ action be required.
- In the event of the park being closed at short notice by the authorities due to a COVID-19 outbreak, you may be required to cancel your holiday and/or return home. You are advised to take out appropriate holiday insurance.
- Pitches will be available from 10am on your arrival date. Please call the number displayed at the entrance on arrival for instructions. You will be issued with a gate key. You are asked to vacate your pitch by 4pm on your departure date. Please leave the gate key in the box provided on departure.
- During your stay with us, the social distancing measures in place for England at that time will be followed. Pitches will be allocated to households as defined by government guidelines.
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times from other guests. Social distancing is to be maintained at all times from park staff.
- Central facilities (toilets, showers, laundry etc) will have restricted access. You are advised to use your self-contained facilities whenever possible to avoid queues. Communal kitchen facilities, dish washing sinks, fridges and freezers will not be available.
- No day visitors will be allowed access to the park.
- When using the WC disposal facilities or when opening or closing the gate, please use the sanitiser dispensers provided.
- During your stay, should you feel unwell with the symptoms of Coronavirus, please follow the guidelines on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance and advise the park immediately by calling the number displayed at the entrance to the park.
- We regret that Tourist Information and the Book Swap will not be available. Please use the links from the website for information. Please remember that not all hospitality or attractions will be open or fully operational.
- The site shop and reception will not be open.
- In an emergency, contact the appropriate emergency service and the telephone number displayed at the site entrance.
- Ensure you have an adequate supply of essential items with you for the duration of your stay. This might include soap, hand gel, gloves, face coverings, toilet roll, disinfectant and hand sanitiser.
- There may be a reduced supply of food and drink available locally. To reduce reliance and congestion in local shops, consider bringing some basic supplies with you.
- We are looking forward to seeing you, but please expect to have minimal interaction with park staff during your visit.
- These are unusual times. We ask that you respect your neighbours, our neighbours and the local community when out and about. Thank you.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Lower Treave Caravan and Camping Park is a family park catering for touring caravans/trailer tents/tents/motor caravans. Our guests' enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions or who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors to leave the park immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Copies of our Terms and Conditions are available in large print. If you would like a copy or wish to discuss any other special needs please make our booking staff aware.
We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings from all male or all female parties of four or more persons unless by prior arrangement. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking.
Bookings can be made in the following ways:
Use the attached Booking Form and pay by cheque or postal order (cheques payable to Lower Treave Camping).
By telephone on 01736 810559 using a credit/debit card
Using our on-line booking service at www.lowertreave.co.uk
The person who signs the Booking Form is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age, will be a member of the party, and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form.
This contract is with NA and LM BLiss, Lower Treave Caravan and Camping Park, Crows an Wra, Penzance, TR19 6HZ. A contract exists as soon as we have issued our confirmation letter and you should please check this carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please inform us of any discrepancy within 7 days unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours.
The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
THE PRICE OF THE HOLIDAY
Once you have made your booking and paid the required deposit the price of the holiday will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid on arrival. If the balance is not paid we are entitled to cancel the holiday and retain your deposit.
CANCELLATION OF THE HOLIDAY BY YOU
You may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us and no refund of deposits will be made. Cancellation charges for Holiday Caravan Hire are payable as follows:
More than 90 days Deposit only
89 to 60 days 30% of total holiday cost
59 to 30 days 50%
Under 30 days 70% of holiday cost
CHANGE OR CANCELLATION OF THE HOLIDAY BY US
If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have had to cancel before the holiday is due to start, you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid.
Except where the cancellation or change arises from an unforeseeable or unusual occurrence outside our control as described in the next section we will pay compensation (per adult person) as follows:
More than 90 days nil
89 to 60 days £10
60 to 30 days £20
Under 30 days £40
Unforeseeable or unusual occurrences beyond our control include but are not limited to; war, threat of war, riot, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, closure of the park due to a Coronavirus COVID 19 outbreak or incident.
HOLIDAY BEHAVIOUR STANDARDS AND TERMINATION
By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others. The park is not a child care facility. Please note that at all times the safety of children is the responsibility of their parents or guardians.
You further agree that you will not:
- commit any criminal offence at the Park or undertake any criminal activity
- commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
- keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the Park
- use any unlawful drugs
- create any undue noise or disturbance
- carry on any trade or business while on the Park
Quiet hours are from 10.30pm until 7.30am. Please respect your fellow guests and keep noise to an absolute minimum.
In the interests of all visitors, the company reserves the right to refuse to hand over any pitch or holiday hire caravan to any person or groups of persons at its discretion. In such cases, all site fees paid will be refunded in full and the contract shall be discharged.
If in our opinion any person is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or annoyance to other holidaymakers, we reserve the right to exclude the holiday party from the park. In this event, the hirer shall remain liable for the hire price and no refund shall be due. The hirer shall remain liable for any damage caused to property.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
We take the wellbeing and safety of our guests very seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
The speed limit on the park is strictly 5 mph.
All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT and insurance. The provisions of the Highway Code apply to the roads on the park.
Guests are not allowed to bring lorries or other commercial vehicles on to the park. This includes towing vehicles.
No recreational vehicles can be used on the park. This includes motorised scooters.
No mechanical or repair work is to be undertaken on the park with the exception of emergency repairs under the supervision of a motoring organisation.
In the unlikely event of a natural disaster or emergency requiring implementation of the park's Emergency Action Plan you will be notified by duty staff.
Please make yourself aware of the nearest fire point.
DOGS AND OTHER PETS
If you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we ask that you:
keep the dog on a short lead on the park at all times
exercise the dog off site
clean up after your dog
do not leave your dog unattended at any time
We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
Open fires and ground level barbeques are not permitted.
Please consider the use of breathable groundsheets on the grassed areas.
The use of generators is not permitted.
Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and the natural conditions are not to be disturbed. This includes tying ropes to, or driving nails into, trees.
It is regretted that no refunds can be given if guests depart prior to the end of the booked holiday. Unless they do so as the result of the breach of some obligation on our part which would justify cancelling the holiday.
The prices listed include VAT.
The information supplied on the Booking Form will be stored on computer for administrative purposes. Under no circumstances will this information be provided to a third party. We may from time to time wish to send you news of special offers on our park. If you do not wish to receive any communication from us please annotate the appropriate box on the booking form. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1984 the signing of the Declaration on the Booking Form signifies your assent to these terms..
All of our pitches are generously sized (min 72 sq mtrs) and clearly marked. Your unit including vehicles and allowing a 3 mtr firebreak between elements must be positioned within your allocated pitch. Should your unit be larger we cannot guarantee to provide an additional and adjacent pitch.
Please advise us if you are likely to arrive later than 6.00pm. If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival we reserve the right to re-let your pitch.
All pitches must be vacated by 12pm on the day of your departure otherwise an additional night's pitch fee will be charged. You are requested not to arrive before 2pm unless by prior arrangement. Your pitch may not be available before this time. Latest arrival time is 10.30pm.
Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests to the pitch of their choice, however, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
Your pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt whether you are on the right pitch please check with a member of staff. Any guest on the wrong pitch may be required to move.
Please note that should you wish to extend your stay beyond the booked dates there is no guarantee that the same pitch will be available.
We shall not be liable for the death or injury of any person named in the booking form or for any loss or damage to property of any such person howsoever any such death, injury, loss or damage may be caused otherwise than as a result of our negligence.
Your vehicles, their contents and accessories, your luggage and personal belongings are left entirely at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any loss from or damage to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than negligence of the company, our employees or agents.
Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details shown on this website are correct, the company cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or the results thereof.
If you have a complaint about anything during your holiday please raise it with a member of our staff immediately and if you wish to pursue it following your departure please write to us within 28 days of your departure. However we do suggest that you try and complete a report about the complaint while you are on holiday.